The Many Reasons To Use Hardwood As Your Floor Surface
Hardwood floors have come a long way since the day when you only had one choice - wood strip floors. Today there is a vast array to choose from, and a lifetime of savings since there will never be replacement costs. Discover the lasting natural beauty of a hardwood floor. Wood floors are timeless; they will always be in style. They enhance the warmth of any home and compliment the decor of any room. Like a fine piece of furniture, wood flooring increases in value and becomes more beautiful with time. Wood floors are easy to maintain and can withstand the wear and tear of very active families. Wood floors don't trap dust, soil, animal dander, mold or other allergens giving you a cleaner, healthier home.
Hardwood is a natural product, is environmentally friendly, and is a renewable resource. All of our manufacturers have implemented a replanting and selective harvesting program so that no one area is over harvested. This ensures that no species will be endangered, the environment will remain intact, and allows the end user a constant supply of good quality products.
Pre-Finished Or Un-Finished Wood?
|Pre-Finished Wood||Un-Finished Wood|
Typically 1 or 2 day installation.
Even finish applied in a climate controlled environment.
Baked on finish - very durable - many coats.
Up to 30 year warranty on finish.
Board replacements are quick and easy.
Typically one week installation.
Uneven finish applied in an uncontrolled environment.
Less coats - not as durable.
Usually 1 year warranty on finish.
Must stain and finish each board to match the rest.
Pets and Hardwood Floors
Unlike carpet, hardwood flooring is a great choice for homes with pets. Carpet traps hair, ticks and mites, wood floors do not. Water dish spills and accidents should be wiped up immediately and clip your pet's nails regularly so they don't scratch the wear surface. A well trained pet is not a problem with a hardwood floor.
Hardwood, a Wise Investment!
Realtors far and wide say that a home with wood flooring will sell faster and for more money. A new wood floor will definately add value to your home and will not depreciate over time. Hardwood is definitely a sure investment.
Care, and Maintenance of Wood Floors
Your pre-finished hardwood floor was designed to be lived on. Even with proper maintenance, you will probably end up getting a nick, a scratch and maybe even a dent. Don't worry, your wood floor can be repaired easily by using different methods depending on the damage. Below are a few basic maintenance tips to consider:
- Sweep or vacuum your wood floor regularly, sand and dirt can damage it.
- Wipe up any spills immediately, standing water will seep in between the boards.
- Place doormats at each entrance into your home, they will trap sand and dirt.
- Use felt protectors under all furniture legs including tables and chairs.
- Use glide guards under heavy appliances.
- Maintain a humidity level of 40 - 45% year round.
- Periodically move or remove area rugs so the covered area has a chance to breath.
- Do not walk on the floor with small, stiletto heeled shoes.
- Do not use chairs with casters or rollers unless they are specifically designed for wood floors.
- Do not drag heavy or sharp objects across the floor